On 1st Aug 2020, Rotaract Club of Kathmandu University Medical School participated in “Women Reproductive Health and Menstrual Hygiene Management” conducted in Mandandeupur-10 kavre supported by Rotary club of Dhulikhel,Rotary club of port Macquarie, Rotary Australia world community service. The local government also marked their presence and helped to run program smoothly. The participants were provided with reusable sanitary pads, sanitary materials like ( comb, nail cutter, toothbrush,soap) after the program.
Following topics were covered during the program:
3. Difference between the secondary sexual characteristics in between girls and boys
4. Menstruation and its symptoms
5. Menstrual cycle
6. Ovulation and fertilization
7. Safe period
9. Vaginal discharge
10. Foods you should eat vs you should not during menstruation
11. Exercises that can be adapted
12. sanitation during mensuration
13. steps to be taken during mensuration
14. Basic sanitation and hand hygiene
105 teenager and women of fisherman village of Mandandeupur were benefitted by the program.
Leave a Reply