Rotary Club of Kathmandu, the first Rotary Club in Nepal was under Rotary international District 325 in 1959. During 1959 – 1976, The Rotary District 325 covered Bhutan, Burma, India – the States of Bombay, that portion east of longitude 80, (including the district of Jabalpur) and south of the southern boundaries of the Districts of. Panna, Satna, Shadol and Sidhi; Orissa, Bihar, West Bengal and Assam; and Manipur and Tripura, Nepal, Pakistan ~ that portion including East Pakistan; and Sikkim.
In 1977, the District was renumbered to District 329 with Prabha Kumar Sinha of RC South Calcutta as its Governor. The District 329 consisted of India (West Bengal, Assam, and the adjacent areas); the whole of Bangladesh and Nepal.
In 1984, the District was reorganized as Bangaldesh and Pakistan were given separate District, and District 329 consisted of India (Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Arunachal, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal) and Nepal.
In 1990, Rotary International introduced 4 digits in its District numbering system and District 329 became District 3290. This District covered WEST BENGAL (viz, Kolkata, 24-Parganas North, 24 Parganas South, Bankura, Hooghly, Howrah, Murshidabad, Nadia, Paschim Medinipur, Purba Medinipur and Purulia); ANDAMAN & NlCOBAR ISLANDS and the Himalayan Kingdom of NEPAL